Hartshill School is:
- The school of choice within the local area
- A beacon within the Trust
- Respected and valued within the community
- Where students and staff are:
- Nurtured valued known and supported to become lifelong independent successful learners –
- Inquisitive to learn, ambitious to achieve and confident to pursue their goals.
- Safe and confident within our environment to seek help and advice when needed, where fairness, tolerance and respect is the fabric of our ethos.
- A proud member of the Midland Academies Trust.
- In order to achieve this:
- We place learning at the heart of teaching
- Hartshill must be a school where staff and students get the best academic and enrichment opportunities that inspire, enthuse and engage them in a positive, proactive, protective learning environment.
- Excellent teaching is the pinnacle upon which there is confidence and knowledge that good outcomes will be achieved.
- We will exceed National averages!
- We will continue to improve our results!
- All students will be successful!
- We strive to be at the pinnacle of good practice. We will be relentless in our pursuit of excellence.
- Good is not good enough – our students deserve better…..
- We want Hartshill to be an outstanding provider that makes a significant difference to the lives of every individual within our care providing the skills knowledge, understanding and attainment that provides the platforms for Further Education and the wider world of work.
The school's mission is simple:
We believe that "No Goal is Beyond us"!
At Hartshill School, we believe that every student should aim high and fullﬁl their potential. We are committed to raising standards of achievement and providing our students with the quality of care and education they deserve. We expect all staff, volunteers and students, to share and show this commitment.
Our 2013 Ofsted inspection found much to admire and recognised the progress that the school has made over the last few years judging us as 'Good' in all areas.
Tim Render, Chair of Local Governing Body, said: “Our students are very polite and caring and we have fostered over time an environment which enables effective learning supported by creative and engaging teaching that stretches all abilities.” He continues “Our popularity is testament to our good work, with numbers increasing year on year, with the school now almost ‘full’ and being ‘over-subscribed’ in many year groups. I feel very privileged that so many parents put their trust in Hartshill and its staff to deliver the high quality education they expect and want for their children. Being part of The Midland Academies Trust has enabled us to work with the Trust and its experts to share knowledge and experience, enabling us to grow and improve our offering.
Being part of a group of Schools who share the same vision of delivering exceptional learning and experiences for the students in their care and work together to achieve this is both enabling and empowering.”
For further information please visit the Hartshill School website.