The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College, a Department for Education approved academy sponsor, to support local schools.
The Trust aims to transform the lives of children and young people and to release their potential through excellent education and the opportunity to acquire new skills.
Overseen by the College, which is graded by Ofsted as good with outstanding features, the Trust is uniquely placed to enable young people’s progression throughout their school career and into further or higher education, training and employment.
All schools within the Trust are united in their vision to rapidly improve the learning experience of their students and raise the aspirations of the local communities which they serve.
MAT strategic objectives are clustered around seven strategic themes:
* Learning, teaching and assessment
* Enterprise and growth (inc. Local impact)
* Sales and Marketing
The offer to schools
The Trust works with partner schools to deliver its mission through a distinctive model built on collaboration, strong executive leadership and management, effective local governance, curriculum expertise and professional business and financial management. There is particular emphasis on:
* Students’ success in English, maths and science
* Engaging parents and carers in students’ learning and supporting families
* Practical and technical specialisms
* Careers education from KS1 upwards
* Employability skills and work placement
* Investment in students’ personal success through coaching and mentoring, and supporting students' progression through the school phases and beyond
Each school agrees a challenging improvement plan with the Trust, which is carefully monitored by their own local governing body and the Trust’s board of directors.
This enables schools to build on their distinct strengths, learn from each other’s best practice and work closely with North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College to deliver progression opportunities to all students, at all phases and of all abilities.